This morning Zaheer called, he needs to get in contact with Safiah so he can have someone go over to her place and see how she is living and to get her out. I called her this morning but she didn’t answer, so Zaheer had his friend go over. They found her on the kitchen floor, she was badly beaten. It broke my heart hearing about the things Reeza had done to her and to know she laid there unconcious for the night.

They rushed her to the hospital and had a charge laid against Reeza, but they had to wait for Safiah to wake up to lay the charge. I prayed the whole day that she would wake up and more that she would agree to laying a charge against Reeza. I know that after all that he has done she will still want to be with him because she loves him. She doesn’t want any harm to come his way but if she doesn’t take this one step forward then there is nothing we can do.

We can only do so much, she has to take the steps to make her life better. Zaheer’s friend calls me after a good few hours, Safiah has finally woken up. She is in a lot of pain but the best news was that she agreed to lay a charge. They had a police officer take her statement and they were going to arrest Reeza. We didn’t tell her parent’s anything as yet but we need to soon.

They need to see what this man has done to their daughter. Shiraaz went with me to see Safiah’s parent’s, we were welcomed well but they didn’t take the news too well. At first her mother said we were making up stories until we made a video call to her so they could see for themselves what she was going through. Her father was not happy about getting the police involved but after Shiraaz spoke to him he was okay with it.

We arranged for them to leave to Cape Town first thing in the morning. They need to be with Safiah, she need their support now more then ever. I wish I could be with her but it’s just not possible at the moment. We trying to get her to Jo’burg so she can be with her family but this will only happen once she recovers and that is going to take time. Her doctors have said that she has some broken bones and internal injuries.

I woke up ready to take on another day, hoping it would be less hectic then the days before. It’s been three days that Safiah is in hospital, the doctors say she is making progress and if it continues like this she will be out in a week or so but will have to rest. I’ve arranged for them to stay in our Villa for the time they are in Cape Town. I don’t want her to go back to Reeza’s house. Her parent’s have already taken her things so she doesn’t have to go there.

Sabiha and I are going out with the kids today, Ebrahim has been troubling her for few days now, so we decided to take him out. We taking them to the lion park, it’s one of Ebrahim’s favourite places. We had breakfast and then I fetched Sabiha, I took Nomsa with so she could help with the kids, especially in the car. When we got to the parking lot Lutfiya and Saibah were asleep but woke up as soon as we entered the place.

The day was filled with loads of fun and adventure, the kids were definetely exhausted and so were we. We got home just before dinner, we ordered out, I had no energy to cook. Saibah was fast asleep, she was really tired, I was glad she was getting some sleep and that meant I could rest too. Ahmed called this evening, he is home sick, it’s only been a week and already he is missing home.

He still has two weeks left, he wants to finish up sooner if possible and have his flight moved but he can only do that once he gets to Malaysia and sees the progress on business there. He will be in Malaysia by tomorrow evening so he can decide then what he wants to do. I got so much to do still for the meeting I’m having with Sakina and her parent’s. I hope they like my ideas, it will make things so much easier if they do.

I woke up to my alarm blaring, I got ready and then went downstairs, made myself some scamble eggs with mushrooms and sausages. Saibah was still asleep so I took advantage of the time I had and worked on some ideas. Sakina had no time to plan a wedding, she had exams and had to concentrate on studying so she left it all up to me. Aunty Rubina is doing everything for their side but she wants my input on everything.

She had Farzeen send me pictures of everything she liked, she is coming to me on Sunday to discuss other things. I got in contact with some people I thought would be good options to get things from, now we will have to see if Sakina likes them. Saibah woke up shortly after I finished all my work. I unfortunately can’t get much done when Saibah is awake so I didn’t even try. I didn’t trouble Nomsa and Thandi because they had enough work of their own.

I went to the mall this afternoon, I bumped into Raeesa and her parent’s. I didn’t know how to react, I felt like slapping her and walking away but that’s not how I was brought up so I greeted them and moved on. I didn’t even want to know what they were doing in Lenz. After my shopping spree I went to visit my dad’s sister Amina. She has been telling me to visit for a long time and I always had something on.

I sat with my aunt and my cousin Aneesa catching up on our lives and stories about the family. My cousin from Maputo is getting married he will be coming to South Africa since the girl is from here and all his family as well so we were discussing their plans. We were so engrossed in chatting I didn’t realise it was getting dark. They wanted me to stay for dinner but I had to get home and after all that snacks I was full.

Ahmed called today, he landed in Malaysia, the meeting is only scheduled for tomorrow so he will only know then of he can come home early. I think he is feeling it more because of the fight he had with his mother. He is feeling guilty and him being so far doesn’t make it easier. I suggested he calls his mother to sort things out but he refused. He won’t admit that he is feeling home sick because of the fight he had.

I put Saibah to sleep hoping to get some sleep myself. It’s been really tough these past week without Ahmed. He usually helps at night with waking up for a feed or changing her, now I’m doing it by myself so I am feeling sleep deprived. I’m thinking of letting Nomsa see to Saibah in the morning so I can get some sleep before going to Sakina’s house.

Saibah didn’t sleep for long which meant no sleep for me. I tried not to entertain her playfulness but she refused to sleep. I was too exhausted to sit on the chair and make her sleep so I broke the rule and put her on the bed next to me so I could sleep aswell. I know I shouldn’t of but I couldn’t help myself. I would be a walking zombie in the morning if I didn’t get a little sleep.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s